A new approach to developing your club's junior section
There is a system and a formula to creating a solid, sustainable junior section and it requires the combined efforts of some key individuals. Once you know what they are and you put them in place, you will build and develop a section that will help grow participation in golf and secure its future. It will, in turn support and secure your club's future, it will bring new life into it and you will find parents and grandparents spending more time at the club, becoming members and using the facilities.
Does your club have all the pieces to complete the picture?
Bitesize Golf adresses many, if not all of the issues some clubs have when it comes to running their junior sections...
- How do we get more junior members?
- What age should they go out onto the course?
- We can't have too many new young players around the club.
- There aren't any children near the club, they can't get here.
- We've tried things in the past, they didn't work, kids nowadays don't want to play golf, they just want to sit on computers.
- Our golf lessons have just ended up as child-minding sessions.
There are hundreds of questions, reasons and excuses as to why it might not have worked or why it might have proved difficult in the past.
Bitesize Golf is built with solutions in mind, based on many years of experience attending meetings, conferences and seminars around the world, hearing the same questions meeting with the same answers and funny enough the same results.
How can we get involved?
There are several ways your club can start building an incredible junior section.